Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Cannellini Bean with Artichoke over Country Bread, White Corn and Pepper (No Added Fat)

I loved the white bean and artichoke dish from Saturday and thought of serving it as a spread on some nice fresh bread that I had purchased today. I simply reheated the bean dish and served it atop bread, topped with pickle and slice of onion.

I purchased a kind of pepper that I've not had before, maybe 6" long and maybe 1 1/2" wide, said to be a bit hotter than a jalapeno. I was thinking of blending the pepper with the bean for the spread, but it turned out that the pepper was quite mild. Instead, I prepared some white corn and mixed in the pepper, after cutting the pepper into approximately 3/8" squares and cooking on a cast iron pan with no oil and over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home