Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Red Pinto Beans with Roasted Tomato (No Added Fat)

I prepared red pinto beans in the pressure cooker (soaked and then rinsed and cooked for 23 minutes with just enough water to cover the beans). Once done, I mixed in most of a 14.5 can of roasted diced tomatoes, a clove of elephant garlic diced to between 1/8-1/4" cubes, a little ginger similarly diced, a bit of salt, freshly ground black pepper, and dried oregano, and simmered on low for about 7-10 minutes.

Results

Dinner was very good! My wife particularly loved it. I included green radish; it was good though a bit strong.

Ideas for the future

This dish reminded me a bit of Indian rajma. I should make rajma and should experiment with more red bean dishes. I'm not sure why I don't use red beans more often.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home