Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Citrus Chickpea Salad, Leftover Mexican Kale Salad (No Added Fat)

I was trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight when my daughter suggested using a Trader Joe's brand cauliflower pizza crust. We rarely go to Trader Joe's, but did visit last week and I found and bought this crust. I thought that it would be like a soft cauliflower "shell" but it turned out to be a thin disc.

In Food for Life classes, I love teaching a citrus fennel salad and today came up with the idea of making a chickpea salad with citrus. I combined chickpeas with tangerine pieces, salt, miso, fresh basil, roasted bell pepper, and freshly ground black pepper. I also served leftover Mexican kale salad from my Food for Life class this past Sunday.
Results

The crust was a bit crumbly and broke into a few pieces when I turned it over in the oven. Though my family enjoyed it (and I did to some extent), I thought that the crust was not nearly as good as regular wheat crusts or even other gluten-free crusts I've had.

Ideas for the future

The chickpea salad was good; I should build on the idea and include additional ingredients like citrus zest and cumin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home