Friday, June 02, 2017

Pizza, Black-Eyed Peas, and Massaged Kale Salad for my daughter and me; Navy Beans with Green Tomato and Turnip (No Added Fat) TOMORROW

(I made this dish on Friday night, June 2nd, but it turned out that my wife had to leave for a meeting before I served. Instead, I made a simple pizza dish with a whole wheat crust and a sauce with marinara, tomato paste, onion, garlic, broccoli, artichoke heart, and a little vegan Field Roast brand sausage for my daughter and me. I put a little Daiya brand vegan cheese on her half. She helped to make a massaged kale salad. I waterlessly cooked some frozen black-eyed peas with turmeric, a little onion, and salt. Dinner was good! I'll post just the picture and results of the meal tomorrow.)

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups dry navy beans rinsed, soaked for at least 5-8 hours, and then rinsed again
  • Just enough water to cover beans
  • Medium tomato, unripe and still green, cut into 3/8" cubes
  • Vegan bouillon cube (we're out so I skipped)
  • Turnip, peeled and cut into 3/8" cubes
  • 5 leaves kale, stems excepted, and hand torn into approximately 1/2" squares
  • 3 garlic scapes cut into 1/4" lengths (or 1 clove garlic, finely diced [approx. 1/8"])
  • 1/4 t turmeric
  • 2t chopped basil (I used frozen basil cubes)
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 2t fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
Process
  1. I put all of the ingredients except the salt, lemon juice, and onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 25m.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then mixed in the remaining ingredients and served.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home