Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Ramps!

I love ramps and was delighted to find them in the store yesterday! They are difficult to find where I live and I only find them at most a few times a year. I wanted to make a simple dish to let the ramp flavor dominate.


Ingredients
  • 10-12 medium crimini mushrooms cut into thirds (or one portabello cut into approx. 1/2" cubes)
  • 6-8 ramps; very ends removed then rest, root and greens, cut into 1/2" lengths
  • 4 ounces seitan (I used a chorizo seitan that was chopped, but larger pieces of seitan chopped or at least cut into 1/2" or smaller pieces would be fine)
Process

I sauteed all the ingredients together in a cast iron pan with no added oil, except maybe 1/4 t of oil that I put on and wiped off to give a very thin coating. I also served a baked potato (cooked in my Instant Pot) and charred and salted shishito pepper over a tomato slice.
Results

Dinner was good. How could you go wrong with ramps?!

Ideas for the future

I wish that we could more commonly find ramps! It would be fun cooking them with other vegetables and maybe even using them in soups.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home