Black Beans and Potato, Brown Rice (No Added Fat)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed then soaked (overnight or, as I did, for about 5 hours starting with boiling water) and rinsed again
- Enough water to just cover beans plus 1/4"
- Medium Yukon Gold (or other type) potato cut into 1/2" or 5/8" cubes (about a cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely (approx. 1/8") chopped
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/3 cups onion cut into 3/8" cubes
- 2t lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 t salt
- 3/4 t dried oregano
- I put the beans, water, potato, garlic, and bouillon cube into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 30m. Soaked black beans can cook in 25m, but I decided to go with 30m to be sure that they were soft.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then mixed in the onion, lime juice, salt, and oregano. I intended this dish to have a strong presence with the oregano.