Adzuki Beans with Potato, Madagascar Pink Rice (No Added Fat)
I haven't cooked with adzuki beans for a while and decided to soak them today for 5-6 hours. Soaked, they cook in only 10-15 minutes. Here is what I did.
- 1 cup adzuki beans, rinsed, soaked overnight (I got away with 5-6 hours), and rinsed again
- Enough water to just cover the beans
- Medium Yukon Gold potato cut into 3/8" cubes (about a cup)
- 2T fennel bulb cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1 clove garlic, finely (1/8") diced
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
- 1/8 - 1/4 t turmeric
- 1/8 t garlic granules or powder (I recently bought granulated instead of powder to try and see what the difference might be)
- 1/8 t (or to taste) salt
- 1/4 t lemon pepper (or freshly ground black pepper)
- 1t lime juice
- I put the beans, water, potato, fennel, garlic, and bouillon cube into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 15m.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the onion, spices, and lime juice. I served with Madagascar Pink rice (cooked in a 1 part rice to 1 3/4 part water, as well as a vegan bouillon cube and a dash of salt, simmered on low heat, covered, for 20m).