Cauliflower with Seitan (No Added Fat)
I was originally going to make a cauliflower and tofu dish, but had the desire for seitan. I didn't want to make a mashed dish as I did in September (though it was good!) but wanted some firmness of the cauliflower. I've found that seitan doesn't really benefit, at least with a short cook time, in the pressure cooker, so usually add it after other ingredients have cooked. Tonight, since I decided to just cook the cauliflower for "zero minutes" (i.e., just let the cooker come to pressure and then turn off) at low pressure, I just added the seitan at the beginning so it would be nice and hot. I forgot, but was going to add some jalapeno, as well. Here is what I did.
- Florets from medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped to 1/8" - 1/4" pieces
- 8 ounces of seitan cut into approximately 3/8" pieces
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cups onion cut reasonably finely (about 1/4" cubes)
- 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
- 1/4 t lemon pepper
- 1/4 t tarragon
- 2T nutritional yeast
- I put the cauliflower, garlic, seitan, bouillon cube, and water into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 0 minutes on low pressure.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the rest of the ingredients and served with brown rice (1:2 ratio rice to water simmered for 50m).