Thursday, September 08, 2016

Polenta and Seitan (No Added Fat)

I came home a bit late and needed to get dinner on the table quickly. Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 18 ounce packet of prepared polenta, cut into approx. 1" cubes
  • 8 ounce packet of seitan, cut into approx. 3/4" cubes
  • 2 medium carrots cut into 3/8" slices (about a cup)
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely (1/8" or so) chopped
  • 1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen, but fresh would be fine, too)
  • 1/4 cup water
Process
  1. I put all of the ingredients into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for just 1 minute.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then served with noodles.
  3. When I was ready to serve, I opened the pot slowly, and added salt. I served with maifun brown rice noodles.
Results

Dinner was good. Polenta and seitan make a good combination.

Ideas for the future

I have only once, in June 2014, made polenta from scratch. I was scared off years ago when I read that the stirring can be tricky and can yield lumpy results, but that doesn't seem to be true. I should buy granulated cornmeal and experiment with many more polenta dishes. Greens and/or mushrooms would have gone well with tonight's meal!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home