Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Cauliflower with Zucchini and Edamame (No Added Fat)


Ingredients
  • 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
  • Medium zucchini cut into 3/4" cubes (about 1 1/4 cups)
  • Florets from a medium head of cauliflower (about 3 cups)
  • 2 minced (about 1/8" or smaller) cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/8 t turmeric
  • 1/2 t ground cumin
  • (optional) 1/4 t ground mustard
  • Small shallot, diced (app. 1/4" cubes)
Process
  1. I put all of the ingredients except the shallot into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for "zero" minutes - i.e., I let it come up to pressure and then turn itself off.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then opened the pot and served, along with brown rice (cooked in a 1:2.5 ratio of rice to water, as well as a vegan bouillon cube, simmered for 45m, covered) and tomato slices.
Results

Dinner was good. I enjoyed the creaminess of the cauliflower.

Ideas for the future

I should make more dishes with soft, creamy pressure cooked cauliflower.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home