Peachy Broccolini with Tempeh (No Added Fat)
- Medium peach, just yielding to pressure but not yet fully ripe, cut into 3/8" cubes (a cup)
- Medium broccolini (or small broccoli) stalk, stalk cut into 1/2" lengths (about a cup) and remaining florets cut down in length by half (about three cups)
- Clove of garlic, finely (1/8") diced
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 t salt
- (optional) 1/2 t jerk seasoning
- 4 ounces tempeh cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup onion cut into approx. 1 1/2" x 1/4" half moons
- I put all the ingredients except the salt, jerk seasoning, tempeh, and onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for "zero" minutes - i.e., the machine came up to pressure then turned off.
- In the meantime, I sauteed in a cast iron pan with no added oil the tempeh and onion. I also made quinoa (1 part quinoa to 2 parts water and a vegan bouillon cube simmered for 2 minutes then left off heat, covered, for about 10 minutes).
- When the Instant Pot was done, I waited a few minutes, carefully opened it, and mixed in the salt.
- My daughter doesn't like tempeh, so I served her the broccolini with cubes of tofu, but, for my wife and me, mixed in the tempeh and onion, along with jerk seasoning.