- 3 tomatillas cut into 3/8" cubes
- 1 stalk rhubarb cut into 3/8" pieces
- 1/8 cup water
- 8 ounce packet of seitan strips or cubes
- 4T onion cut into 3/8" cubes
- 1/8 t (or to taste) each of salt, dried oregano, and dried dill weed
- I put the tomatillas, rhubarb, and water into my Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- I cooked on high pressure for just 1 minute.
- When I was ready to serve, I gently let out remaining pressure and mixed in the seitan, onion, and seasonings.
I also made some some mashed sweet potato, at my daughter's suggestion. I peeled two sweet potatoes and roughly cut them into 1 1/2" or so long pieces. I put them in the Instant Pot with a cup of water and cooked on high pressure for 9 minutes. When I was ready to serve, I drained half the water, mashed the sweet potato and water, and, as a treat for my daughter in particular, mixed in a tablespoonful of maple syrup. For her serving (only), I also mixed in a little Earth Balance margarine; for all but my wife, I mixed in a little cinammon.
Dinner was good. My wife and I put some hot sauce in our main course.
Ideas for the future
The sweet potato could have cooked in half the water I believe, and I should try that next time. Some ginger would go well with the sweet potato.
Labels: Instant Pot, No Added Fat, seitan