Saturday, November 10, 2012

Whole Wheat Spaghettini with Eggplant-Zucchini Marinara and Pesto, Vegan Apple-Sage Sausage

My wife and daughter went to a classical Indian concert tonight; I had wanted to go, but had just come home from teaching and then mentoring, and need to prepare for class tomorrow. I thought it would be more appealing to relax at home, so I made dinner just for myself, and put something simple together.

I prepared whole wheat "spaghettini" (thin spaghetti, or "angel hair") and simmered some organic eggplant marinara sauce. I mixed into the marinara a clove of finely chopped and sauteed garlic, as well as a quarter zucchini, also chopped (into maybe 1/4" pieces) and sauteed, and a little herbed salt. Once the pasta was cooked al dente, I drained and served, putting the marinara on top, as well as a teaspoon of homemade pesto that  I had recently prepared.

I also grilled a vegan apple-sage Field Roast sausage. Dinner was satisfying and tasty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home