Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Creamy Carrot-Ginger Soup; Seitan Stirfry with Baby Kale, Spinach, and Baby Bok Choy; Baked Purple Potato

We are ramping up for Triangle Vegetarian Society's big annual Thanksgiving (the country's largest vegetarian Thanksgiving - check out last year's details) and our fabulous webmaster, who puts together a very nice online reservation system, came over tonight to do some work on our member database. I love the carrot-ginger soup that my VitaMix so easily makes (we just substitute raw cashews for the tofu), and wanted to make some for him, I served this with dinner (my toddler especially liked it!).

I also made a simple stirfry with seitan, onion (two kinds and put in at different times during the cooking - about a quarter yellow onion early on, and maybe a tenth more near the end, along with a few thin rings of red onion), baby bok choy, spinach, and baby kale. Fresh lemon sage from my garden and a little bit of coconut aminos completed the dish. Finally, I served baked purple potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home