Friday, November 30, 2012

Family's Travel Send-Off Hazelnut Cranberry Roast en Croute Dinner


Tonight is my daughter and wife's last dinner before their evening flight tomorrow enroute to India. I'm going to miss them! I wanted to make a special meal with food they won't get at all in India. We love the product lineup from Field Roast - all vegan and soy-free. I had a Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute - here is a description from their website:


HAZELNUT CRANBERRY ROAST EN CROUTE
Made exclusively for the holidays – a rich, hazelnut-infused vegetarian grain meat stuffed with Field Roast sausages, crystallized ginger, cranberries and apples – wrapped in a savory puff pastry.  From family feasts to a festive dinner for two, our Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute is the centerpiece  to any holiday meal.
I thought it would be a good choice for dinner tonight!

I heated the roast and made a shiitake gravy from a packet that I just had to mix into boiling water. I cubed some vegetables (sweet potato, potato, carrot, garlic, onion) and tossed with some rosemary, oregano, herbed salt, and olive oil, then baked with the roast. Safe travels, and come back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home