Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Strozzapreti Pasta with Grilled Artichoke Hearts, Vegan Apple-Sage Sausage

For tonight's dinner, I made a simple pasta dish, featuring tasty Monterey Farms' Herbal ArtiHearts (grilled artichoke hearts). I got some marinara sauce prepared with portabello mushrooms simmering, and added a clove of finely diced garlic, a fifth of a medium onion diced to a little less than 1/2", four green olives cut into 1/3" or so pieces, about half of the six ounce package of grilled artichoke hearts, some rosemary and oregano, a pinch of salt, and a teaspoonful or so of crushed red pepper.

As I mentioned in May 2008, "there are a number of theories why strozzapreti pasta [which I used in tonight's dinner] is named as a 'priest choker' pasta, such as that priests in Italy would gorge themselves on these rolled towel shaped pasta pieces and choke". I prepared the pasta and, when it was done, served it with the sauce on top. I also briefly cooked in very little oil Field Roast Grain Meat Company smoked apple sage artisanal vegan sausage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home