Monday, April 12, 2010

Sweet Potato - Yukon Gold Saute with Tempeh and Key West Mojo Criollo Sauce

The Full Frame Film Festival went by so quickly! It was four very full days, but felt like it was just a day and a half or so. I saw great films on topics such as a fascinating and funny Japanese mega-inventor, a Brazilian artist who creates art of and for workers in the world's largest landfill, a biography of Daniel Ellsberg and a film of a woman adopted from Korea but who was switched at the orphanage for the girl originally to be adopted.

For tonight's dinner, I cut a sweet potato and two small Yukon Gold potatoes into 1/2 inch discs, halving again the wider pieces. I started sauteeing them over medium-high heat. After 6-8 minutes, when the potatoes were just starting to brown, I added half of a package of tempeh, cut into small crumbles, approximately 1/4" cubes. A minute or two later, I added half of a red onion, cut as thin half moons, and sprinkled a little Key West Mojo Criollo sauce (purchased from Trader Joe's) on top.

While this was all cooking, I had two Swiss chard leaves, and prepared them. I snapped off the thick stems below the leaves and removed them. I then cut across the leaves, stem and all. A minute or so after adding the Mojo Criollo sauce, I added the Swiss chard, as well as a little salt, paprika, and dried tarragon. I cooked another 3 or so minutes till the chard was cooked down a bit, mixed in a little Eat in the Raw's Parma! vegan "Parmesan cheese", and served over a wild and brown rice blend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home