Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eggplant and Seitan over Rice Noodles

For dinner today, I sliced a medium Italian eggplant into long slices about 1/4" thick, and began sauteeing them over medium-high heat (this isn't the healthiest way to prepare eggplant, as it soaks up the oil and requires adding a bit more oil over time). A few minutes later, I added a shallot, sliced thinly, and about a half package of seitan, cut into small thin sections maybe 1/8" x 3/4" x 1/4". After about 5 minutes, when the eggplant was a bit brown and the seitan was getting a little crispy, I added half of a red onion, diced into pieces almost 1/2". I cooked another 2 or 3 minutes, then mixed in some dried oregano and salt, and served over rice noodles that I had briefly boiled.

We enjoyed the meal! Surprisingly, as I thought eggplant was an "adult" taste, my daughter, not yet 16 months old, enjoyed the eggplant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home