Monday, February 01, 2010

Cream of Asparagus and Broccoli Soup, Baked Potato, Delicata Squash

Tonight, I wanted to use our new Vita-Mix blender to make an asparagus soup, and found a good cream of asparagus soup recipe that I found on VegWeb.com. I followed this recipe with some changes, the most significant of which was that I added some broccoli stalks. I sprinkled some vegan Parm! "Parmesan cheese" on top. It's neat to let this high-powered blender go - it has a 2-horsepower (peak) motor; the company claims that the speed at the tip of the blade ranges from 11 to 240 miles per hour! It goes so fast that it brings the contents to steaming hot in just a few minutes - hence an easy and fast soup! (Cold foods need to be processed quickly or use frozen ingredients.)

In the oven, I made some delicata squash and a baked potato. It was a good dinner - my wife and her cousin enjoyed the soup, as did I, but I think I would omit the broccoli next time. The carrot-ginger soups and potato soup that I had made were, to my taste, much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home