Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vegan Celebration Roast with Porcini Mushrooms, Savory Herb Gravy with Mashed Potatoes

We had a busy day today; I enjoyed an appointment and then hiking with my baby. My wife enjoyed some master sitar lessons (she herself is a teacher) from a visiting artist from India this evening, and I took care of my baby - then had to drop the teacher off at friends' he is staying at. So, it was around 9p and we hadn't eaten!

I love Field Roast Grain Meat's handmade stuffed (with apples, squash, and mushrooms) Celebration Roast - it is tasty, nutritious, and easy (just needs to be heated at 350°F for a few minutes). It's rich and I don't make it often, but the company is sending me some new products to try (due on Thursday) along with raffle prize coupons for our Thanksgiving (which is up to 678 coming; we will be in both area newspapers on Wednesday and in one paper next Wednesday), so I wanted to use the roast I had.

I purchased some tasty porcini mushrooms, and made a simple saute with a bit of onion and one roughly chopped garlic clove. I also prepared some mashed potatoes with a bit of onion, salt, olive oil, and freshly-ground black pepper. Road's End Organics, an all-vegan company that makes the macaroni and "chreese" I had a few days back, also makes gravies, including a savory herb mix, that I used.

I served three slices of the roast, topped with the mushroom. The gravy (which my baby enjoyed!) went with the potato, and heirloom tomato slices completed the filling and tasty meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home