Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Penne and "Chreese", Macadamia and Cashew Nut Butter on Lemon Rosemary Bread

My wife had a meal on her own tonight, so I decided to make a simple dinner for myself that I know I would enjoy but which she would probably not. I love Road's End Organics products, and prepared their Penne and "chreese" (like macaroni and cheese) with hemp milk and Earth Balance. Sometimes, I jazz up the dish by including small chunks of onion and bell pepper, but I prepared this plain today.

I love nut butters by Marantha, and had some of their macadamia and cashew nut butter on hand. Our favorite bread is from our local coop, Weaver Street Market, a lemon rosemary bread. I heated a slice of the bread just to warm it a bit, then spread this tasty nut butter on it and put it back in the toaster for just another half minute or so to warm the spread. It was so good that I made a second slice for myself!

I have two new photography classes starting tomorrow and on Thursday evenings. We usually go out to eat after my photography classes, but may not go out each Wed. and Th. night. This week, though, I think we will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home