Monday, October 12, 2009

Braising Greens with Vegan Chipotle Sausage

For tonight's dinner, I had picked up a medium bag (say a large lunch bag sized) full of braising greens. I cut up a vegan Field Roast Grain Meat Company artisanal chipotle sausage into small pieces and started sauteeing over medium-high heat. After a minute or two, I added a medium onion, cut around into half and then into half moons. I let the sausage get crispy, which took perhaps 5 or 6 minutes, then added the greens little at a time, letting them cook down. I served this with a big salad; the plate was getting too green, so I actually pulled out some red leaves from the braising mix early in the saute, when the red was bright, and added that to the salad. Some whole wheat baguette slices rounded out dinner.

Yesterday, we attended a nice, classy wedding. It was fun to attend a wedding I wasn't photographing! We had a simple mixed vegetable over hunk of tofu saute; my wife doesn't eat tofu, so we had something light in addition once we came home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home