Sunday, February 07, 2010

Baby Bok Choy -Tempeh Saute with Artichoke Tomato Sauce, Baked Potato, Delicata Squash

I ended up making quite a big and filling dinner tonight. I baked some small Russet potatoes and delicata squash, serving the potato with Earth Balance margarine for my wife (who avoids non-fermented soy) and Tofutti brand Better than Sour Cream for myself.

I used a technique for cooking onions that I learned in Italy a few years ago - I cut about half of a yellow onion into rings maybe just shy of 1/4" thick and put them in a covered pan with a little bit of olive oil over low heat. The onions cook slowly and come out soft and mellow after 20m or so. I served the squash with the onions.

I also made a simple baby bok choy - tempeh saute. I used our new Vita-Mix blender to chop the onions I used with this dish; I simply had the machine running on setting 4 of 10 then dropped large chunks of onion in and let the blades chop till I had the coarseness I wanted. That artichoke tomato sauce I used yesterday was very good - when the saute was done, I added some of that sauce to the pan and let it cook on low heat for a minute or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home