Sunday, March 14, 2010

Acorn Squash, Dr. Praeger's Bombay (sic) Veggie Burger with Fries

I started baking an acorn squash, intending to serve one half to my wife and one half to me, and to make a main course with some mushrooms I found yesterday packed in olive oil (called muschio mushrooms, Volvaria Volvacea) combined with some vegetables, fennel, and tempeh. Though we love the signs of spring, in the past few years it seems to trigger some allergies for my wife, and she ended up not feeling well and wanting to sleep, skipping dinner. I hope she'll feel better tomorrow!

I decided to wait and perhaps make that tomorrow or the next day. Instead, this was an opportunity for me to use the single patty I had left of Dr. Praeger's Bombay (sic - Mumbai) Veggie Burger. I baked it, along with some French Fries, and served it with a slice of Follow Your Heart brand vegan Cheddar-style cheese. I ate it with a fork, as I only had small slices of bread on hand. Raw turnip slices as well as both halves of the squash, with Earth Balance margarine, salt, and pepper, rounded out the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home