Thursday, March 25, 2010

Muschio Mushroom-Vegan Apple Sage Sausage-Potato Saute over Quinoa with Sesame Seed Bagel Half

I took a Russet potato and cut it into a dice between 1/4" and 1/2" and started sauteeing it. A few minutes later as the potato started to cook, I added a Field Roast Grain Meat Company smoked apple sage artisanal vegan sausage, cubed into a similar size, and two cloves of garlic, roughly diced fairly small (maybe 1/8"). After five more minutes or so, once the potato was gently browning and the sausage was medium-brown, I added all of a 10.6 ounce bottle of imported Italian muschio mushrooms (Volvaria Volvacea) packed in olive oil, and cooked another few minutes till the sausage was crispy; I then added 1/4 teaspoon or so of fresh lemon sage and a tablespoon or so of fresh rosemary needles.

I served the dish over quinoa (it's so easy to cook this nutritous grain; just add to a pan 1 part grain and two parts water, and include a vegan bouillon cube; bring to a boil for 2 minutes or so, then turn the heat off and cover for about ten minutes till the liquid is absorbed and the grain shows a spiral shape within it). A half bagel and some tomato sprinkled with alderwood-smoked salt completed the meal.

Wow - the main dish came out better than I expected! My wife and I both loved the meal; it would be fun to see something like this at a restaurant, and I think that diners would be pleased by the texture and interesting flavors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home