Monday, March 23, 2009

Celebration Roast with Herb Gravy, Whipped Rosemary Potatoes, Melissa's Spanish Vegetable Soup with White Beans and Spinach

We were in a thankful, restful, and celebratory mood today; today marks the one year anniversary of our baby's conception! We enjoyed visiting Duke Gardens in the lovely weather we are having, and to see the many beautiful spring blooms.

I prepared Field Roast Grain Meat's handmade stuffed (with apples, squash, and mushrooms) Celebration Roast - it just needs to be heated (at 350°F for a few minutes), which I did in my toaster oven. I prepared some mashed potatoes with finely chopped shallot, as well as rosemary leaves, salt, olive oil, and vegan Parm! "Parmesan cheese". Road's End Organics, an all-vegan company that makes a line of vegan macaroni and "chreese", also makes gravies, including a savory herb mix, that I used.

We purchase soups each week from a woman named Melissa. This week she made a Spanish Vegetable Soup with White Beans and Spinach, and I heated that to accompany our meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home