Sunday, September 28, 2008

Vegan California Burger on Le Miche Toast, Potatoes O'Brien, Corn off the Cob

I was off to another film, Shine a Light, a Rolling Stones concert film by Martin Scorsese (and, alas, the last of the art museum's outdoor summer films for this year) tonight, and my wife was going to a dinner party. Like yesterday, I was running late; I drove an hour to Greensboro, NC to cover a rally by Barack Obama and Joseph Biden (so sad - I was 15 minutes late and could not then get into the press coverage area!) and spent some time visiting a few outlet stores on my way home.

I made a simple dinner for myself. I heated a prepared Amy's California Veggie Burger and served it on some lovely, sour "Le Miche" farm bread with an olive tapenade and mustard spread. I also prepared some Potatoes O'Brien and corn-off-the-cob.

4 Comments:

At Mon Sep 29, 07:23:00 PM EDT, Blogger pksarna said...

Sounds like a nice simple dinner. Corn off the cob is just delicious. Reminds me to enjoy the wonderful flavors of nature with no need for seasoning!

What a bummer that you missed being in the press area at the Obama rally! What's fifteen minutes?

Isn't this election...exciting?

Puja

 
At Mon Sep 29, 08:35:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Puja, for your kind comment. We love corn-off-the-cob and eat it frequently. Thanks for writing! --Dilip

 
At Tue Dec 16, 03:55:00 PM EST, Blogger Unknown said...

hello,

I think that the dish you made is very cleverly thought out. When we come over to your house, we should make something just as delicious1

~swetha
ps

i still think your smart!

 
At Tue Dec 16, 04:48:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Swetha! When next are you coming to visit? I can't wait to see you, your sister, and your parents!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home