Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brussels Sprout - Zucchini Saute with Wild and Brown Rices

I wasn't sure I would be cooking tonight as I started photography tutoring with a new student. But my wife had a business meeting all day and we both ended up at home around 7 or 7:30p and I put dinner together.

I sauteed maybe a dozen Brussels sprouts, cut in half, along with half of a medium-sized yellow onion that I had cut into maybe 1/2" cubes. As the onion and Brussels sprouts started browning, I added a medium zucchini cut into 1/2" widths and then cut in half, as well as two different types of small hot peppers and cooked for 3 or 4 minutes, till the zucchini was softened. I added a handful of broccoli crowns, maybe a teaspoon of pine nuts, a pickled mild hot pepper, and a little bit of soy sauce, and cooked just a minute or so more, serving with salad and a brown and wild rice mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home