Thursday, September 04, 2008

Baked Sunshine and Acorn Squashes, Leftover Vegan Sausage Scramble over Basmati Rice


Tonight, I baked two squashes from the local farmer's market, an acorn and one I had never had before called a sunshine squash. I simply preheated the oven to 375°F, halved and seeded the squashes, and baked them for about a half hour, cut edge down, in a shallow plate of water. They were good - the sunshine squash was a bit sweet.

I heated leftover vegan sausage scramble that I had from when I recently made lettuce wraps, and served it atop leftover Basmati rice from Sage Vegetarian Restaurant from last Thursday. It was a good dinner!

Yesterday, Tuesday, I served at the first of two meetings on a committee for the Weaver Street Market Cooperative to award grants from their Cooperative Community Fund. One reason that I love shopping at coops is that they are not just about being viable, profitable businesses, but they generally have as part of their missions giving back to the community. For these two meetings, Weaver Street Market is kind enough to provide dinner - I had tasty pasta, pizza, and salad from their sister restaurant, Panzanella.

On Monday night, we had a very late lunch at Tidal Creek Coop's very good salad bar (including excellent smoothies - I had such a good hemp milk and almond butter smoothie on Saturday here!) that we ended up finishing around 5p. Other than a light snack when we came home, that ended up being our dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home