Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thai Dumplings, Marinated Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Beach Dinner

This morning, my wife and I took my parents to visit the beach, where we rented an ocean-front condominium for the long Labor Day weekend. As we always have done, we stopped in Wilmington, NC at the Tidal Creek food cooperative, to stock up on some groceries. We love this coop; its produce section is certified 100% organic!

For tonight's meal, in addition to some nice fresh heirloom tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers, I picked up some prepared vegan Thai dumplings from a company called One Stop Natural and store-prepared marinated artichoke and roasted red pepper. It was a good thing; we got to the beach with just enough time for my wife and me to jump in the ocean for a short time before and immediately after sunset. By the time we had showered, my Mom was almost done preparing some food for her and my Dad, and I could quickly warm the dumplings (which turned out to be excellent, the best dumplings I've ever had!) and prepare the salad and toast. Not bad for being in a new kitchen!

2 Comments:

At Wed Sep 17, 05:35:00 PM EDT, Blogger K said...

GREAT!!!

 
At Wed Sep 17, 05:37:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your comment, Karen! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home