Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mushroom-Broccolini Saute with Rice Noodles, Sun Gold Tomato and Sweet Pea Green Salad, Hummus

I sauteed a mixture of mushrooms with broccolini and hot pepper. I soaked some wide rice noodles in hot tap water for a few minutes till soft, then washed with cold water, drained, and added to the saute for the last two minutes or so. I served with a salad of Sun Gold tomatoes, sweet pea greens, and an olive, as well as some hummus.





I've not been cooking for the last few nights. On Wednesday after teaching math in the morning, I had a nice interview with Andrea Weigl over lunch at Tower South Indian restaurant. She writes a food column in the local News and Observer paper and had called, asking if I still hadn't repeated a dinner for my wife (I have not in more than four years!) and asked if she could feature me in a periodic column on chefs of the area.

I think the interview came out okay; her article will appear as the food feature in the first Sunday of September's paper. In next Friday's food column, she said she would mention my upcoming cooking class starting on (alas!) September 11.

Wednesday evening I taught a 3-hour photography seminar and was anxious to get home to watch Joseph Biden at the Democratic Convention, accepting the nomination to run for Vice-President of the U.S. Our friend Kathy of Faux Finish Artistry is visiting this week to paint a sky scene in my new library's ceiling and to start a sky in our entry hallway, as well as to suggest colors for the rest of our remodeling. My wife took her to Whole Foods Market to eat in their food bar, and brought home dinner for me.

I taught a 2-hour Lightroom class on Thursday evening, and again was anxious to get home, this time to see Barack Obama's acceptance speech for the Democratic nomination for running for U.S. President. My wife took Kathy to Sage Vegetarian Restaurant and picked up for me to eat at home what I almost always get, their fabulous, rich pomegranate reduction with tempeh over rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home