Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quick Leftovers - Artichoke Heart, Hashed Brown Potato, Boiled Peanuts

I wasn't planning on making dinner tonight; I had a nice provided dinner of pasta, pizza, and salad at a meeting that I attended to distribute grants to community organizations, and my wife was either going to stop on her drive home from her out-of-town meeting to get something to eat, or enjoy leftovers. However, she wanted me to make something quick and hot for her, so when I got home, I did.

I had made hashed brown potatoes for breakfast and left some for her. I reheated it, as well as the Field Roast Grain Meat Company's Celebration Roast, which I had served on Sunday. I was surprised that she had forgotten about a steamed artichoke that I had prepared in late August; I reheated it, and made a fresh dipping sauce out of Earth Balance margarine, fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs from my garden, and some dried basil. Finally, when we were recently at the beach, she had purchased some boiled peanuts, and I heated some that were left and served them.

2 Comments:

At Thu Sep 11, 06:20:00 PM EDT, Blogger pksarna said...

Yum! I love boiled peanuts!

 
At Sat Sep 13, 01:53:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

I'm not a big fan, but they're okay. Thanks for your comment - how have you been? --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home