Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Baby Bok Choy with Tempeh, Avocado Tortilla Wraps

My wife traveled for work today, and I was just cooking for myself. She, for some reason, doesn't generally like tortilla wraps - but I do! I made a simple dinner of tortilla wraps with heirloom yellow tomato, red onion, Romaine lettuce, and Hass avocado. I also made a simple saute with baby bok choy, tempeh, and onion. It was good and filling. (Tomorrow I won't be cooking; I am serving on a committee and dinner will be provided.)

Yesterday, we went with a group of friends to see a very nice outdoor puppet show. We had a picnic, to which I contributed a Florida avocado salad (along with two or three kinds of heirloom tomatoes, onion, rosemary, and lime juice) and sandwiches made from Field Roast Grain Meat Company's Celebration Roast, which I simply sliced and served cold.

I was happy to see that The Raleigh News and Observer published my article yesterday. I think it turned out pretty well, though I was a little taken aback by the poor grammar with which I was quoted. When I saw an actual copy of the paper, I was surprised to see my picture taking up about half the height of the newspaper page! I hope that the article helps people to see how easy it is to eat delicious plant-based foods. Welcome to new readers of my blog who found it through the article!

2 Comments:

At Tue Sep 09, 11:20:00 AM EDT, Blogger VeggieAmanda said...

This looks wonderful! Thank you for commenting on my page and introducing me to your blog. I will come back often to see your YUMMY creations! I hope to post some of our dinner creations as well.

 
At Tue Sep 09, 11:06:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your comment, Amanda! Sorry I didn't tell you about my blog earlier - I thought I had mentioned it in a past vegetarian society e-newsletter or two, but maybe I'm mistaken. I look forward to your posts and your joining us for some meals! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home