Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rice Noodles with Vegan Sausage, Corn off the Cob

For tonight's dinner, I started two or three small cloves of garlic, thickly sliced, sauteeing in olive oil for just a minute or so, then I added two vegan Field Roast Grain Meat Company's apple-sage artisanal sausage that I had sliced into approximately 3/4" pieces. Maybe a minute later, I added a third of a medium red onion that I had sliced into half moons, as well as some hot orange peppers.

I started some thick rice noodles boiling for just a few minutes till they were cooked, then I drained and washed in cool water. I added a few Vietnamese herbs to the saute for just a minute or so, added some salt, and then mixed into the noodles.

It came out well! I also flame-roasted two ears of corn, mixing in some Earth Balance margarine and salt. It was a good dinner!

3 Comments:

At Wed Sep 24, 04:03:00 AM EDT, Blogger Em said...

I'm interested in this Field Roast Grain Meat Company sausage...where do you get it? ps both these meals look great: beautiful and balanced!

 
At Wed Sep 24, 02:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Hi, em! Thanks for your note. Field Roast products should be available at Whole Foods and ccops. You're in Santa Cruz as I recall, no? It should be readily available. If not, visit the Field Roast web site and you can probably find out there where you can get their products. Thanks for the kind comment! Keep up your good work! --Dilip

 
At Wed Sep 24, 02:59:00 PM EDT, Blogger Em said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home