Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Seitan Scaloppini over Rice Noodles

I made a very simple meal tonight. I was out leading a photography workshop (check out the story of the Sisters' Garden) and then, after grocery shopping, had limited time before my wife returned home from a meeting and before she had to leave for a class she's taking.

At Whole Foods Market, I sampled from their hot prepared food seitan scaloppini. Scaloppini is a technique of preparing food by sauteeing thinly pounded pieces of food (I guess typically meat), coating it with flour, and sauteeing it. I'll have to try this sometime, but for today just picked up this prepared main dish. I served it over rice noodles, and also served a little sandwich with hummus and tomato. It required very little work, and was tasty!

The Full Frame Film Festival was, as always, excellent. I hope to have more to say about it, as well as our dinners that we had during the Festival, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home