Thursday, April 03, 2008

Baby Bok Choy with Tempeh, Bell Pepper, and Grape Tomatoes, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Hummus, Leftover Parathas

I put together a dinner fused with Middle Eastern (purchased stuffed grape leaves in extra virgin olive and lemon hummus) and Indian (leftover stuffed parathas from eating out on Sunday and vegetables that I cooked in an Indian style) influences. For the main course, I sauteed thin strips of tempeh for a few minutes till they started to brown, then I added a shallot, cut into thin slices, as well as strips of yellow bell pepper.

In the meantime, I prepared a stalk of baby bok choy. I cut the leaves from the stems then cut the stems into thirds or halves along their lengths. A few minutes after adding the shallot and pepper, I added the bok choy whole leaves and stem pieces. I cooked the bok choy down for a minute or two, then tossed in grape tomatoes, maybe 1/8 teaspoon ajwain seeds (cumin would be better but I had ajwain handy), and about the same amount of turmeric, as well as a few pinches of salt. I let the tomatoes cook for a minute or two till they were threatening to pucker, then I served the dish.

We enjoyed dinner! This is likely my last home-cooked dinner till Monday - Full Frame begins tomorrow morning (yeah!!)!

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 07, 04:42:00 PM EDT, Blogger Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

Grape leaves and Parathas! YUM. Looks delicious.

 
At Mon Apr 07, 08:52:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks to my friends at Wheeler's Frozen Dessert for your kind comment! It was a good meal. --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home