Friday, March 28, 2008

Thai/Indonesian Cooking Class: Indonesian Stew, Indonesian Tempeh and Vegetables (and Cashew Chip Meltaway cookies)

It's hard to believe that another six-week session of cooking classes is over. I always have a special surprise for my students as we start the last class, and today was no exception in their enjoying it (I can't reveal it here!).

Tonight's menu was inspired by Thai and Indonesian cuisines. The Indonesian Stew always comes out great, made with a homemade curry paste, vegetables, and pasta (or thin rice noodles). Indonesian Tempeh and Vegetables is also always tasty with sauteed tempeh in (reduced fat, organic) coconut milk. Tomato (with Ume plum vinegar) and cucumber salads are always refreshing, and Thai Jasmine rice provides a good base for the meal. We had ground cashew - wheat germ - whole wheat - brown rice syrup - based cookies with vegan chocolate chips - very good!

This is going to be my last homemade meal till Sunday or Monday. I'm flying out tomorrow morning to photograph an engagement session out-of-state and returning in time to attend the Triangle Jewish Film Festival on Sunday; I'm guessing that we'll eat out in between films. By the way, Full Frame, the country's largest documentary film festival, begins next Thursday, with films from 10a till past midnight; I'm reasonably sure that I won't be cooking then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home