Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Spinach-Tempeh-Pesto with Limed Corn

It hasn't been intentional, but pesto sauce has been in every meal since Sunday, as it was tonight! I made a dish that turned out surprisingly delicious. I sauteed about a third of a cake of tempeh, sliced into thin rectangles. As the tempeh started to brown, I added a half dozen stalks of green onion, cut into one-inch lengths. A minute or so later, I added a fresh spinach bunch after snipping off a little of the stem ends but otherwise whole. I cooked the spinach down for about 4-5 minutes, then mixed in pesto sauce. It was great!

I also made corn-off-the-cob from three ears or corn. I usually mix in Earth Balance margarine, salt, and lemon or lime juice. This time I substitute pure lime oil (just a few drops - it's strong!) for the lime/lemon juice.

2 Comments:

At Thu Mar 06, 04:48:00 PM EST, Blogger Stuti Garg said...

Everyone in my family loves Earth balance. It is delicious.
Have you tried limed rava, tastes good.

 
At Thu Mar 06, 11:00:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your comment, Stuti. Earth Balance has been one of my key staples almost since it first came out at least 5-7 years ago. It sure beats, I think, the gooey tub vegan margarine that I used to use! What is limed rava? Thanks! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home