Thursday, February 28, 2008

Brown Rice Pasta with Eggplant Fillets, Italian Artichoke Hearts, Vegan Apple-Sage Sausage

I wanted to finish up the Vizzino brand eggplant fillets that I described a few days ago, as well as start trying their artichokes. I made organic brown rice elbow pasta by Tinkyada (ricepasta.com) . I mixed in some Rising Moon Organics garlic-basil tomato sauce, along with the fillets, and topped with a little vegan Parm! "Parmesan cheese". It was very good! I liked the toughness of the eggplant and the subtle, hearty flavor it contributed.

I also served a Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage artisanal vegan sausage, heated on my cast iron pan with a little bit of oil from the Vizzino country-style chopped artichokes. Speaking of which, those artichokes were excellent!! I am going to go back to the store where I found them on clearance tomorrow and buy up their remaining supply, if I am lucky enough to find any left. I also put a little of the oil from the artichokes onto a toasted garlic bagel half. My wife and I loved the meal!

2 Comments:

At Thu Feb 28, 12:39:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pasta looks great! I love eggplant with my pasta. =)

 
At Thu Feb 28, 01:31:00 AM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Romina, for your comment - which came even before I had a chance to put in a textual description of the meal. It was a yummy meal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home