Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Simple Chreese and Brown Rice Pasta Dinner with Vegan Apple-Sage Sausage

Tonight, my wife had Sanskrit class and I had to go in to DeVry where I am teaching a new computer science class starting this Thursday. She said she would eat some leftovers when she came home, and I made a simple meal for myself before I went to campus.

I had a packet of Road's End Organics "Chreese" (no shells, just the powdered base, including nutritional yeast, that I mixed in to hot hemp milk - a new idea for me that came out great - to make the sauce), and made "chreese" sauce, adding it, along with diced red onion and red and orange bell pepper, to organic brown rice pasta (finishing up penne and mixing in some elbow as well) by Tinkyada (ricepasta.com) . I also added some salt, black pepper, and a little dried parsley. Dinner was made complete with some tomato and Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage artisanal vegan sausage.





A big hurrah to my friend Eleni of Binge Cafe, who was one of my original inspirations to start blogging almost two years ago, for the release of her documentary about veganism, Seeing Through the Fence. My wife and I attended the film's premiere last night - it was sold out beyond the capacity of 100 (they had good press). They had great food provided by local Chef Shirle of Rockin' the Stove (it goes to 11), including seitan sticks, quinoa & black-eyed pea croquettes, spanakopita, and a variety of sweets. It was a hopping event and the film generated a lot of good questions. When we came home, we just had a light bite at home.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 08, 03:25:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two boxes of Road's End Pastas & Chreese and have been meaning to use them. Your picture makes it look delicious!

 
At Tue Jan 08, 10:28:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Romina. At a conference that I went to last year, Matt, the owner of Chreese, was there and he was making good grilled shreese sandwiches! Enjoy - let me know how you like the chreese when you cook with it. --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home