Saturday, December 29, 2007

Deep-Dish Mushroom Pizza, Potatoes O'Brien

Similarly to the deep dish pizza that I had made in late November, I used Vicolo Pizza organic cornmeal crust pizza shell to make deep-dish pizza. This time, I used tomato paste and Rising Moon Organics' Garlic and Merlot tomato sauce, but then used maybe a cup or bit more of sliced mushrooms to make two pizzas. Like last month, I also put in some vegan Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage artisanal sausage, but didn't grill it and put in a single sausage cut into small chunks, deemphasizing its flavor. I also put in a finely diced shallot and some olives.

The pizza was good but I liked last month's version much better. I also served some Potatoes O'Brien - starting with a frozen mix that just needed to be cooked.

It's possible that this will be my last cooked dinner for 2007! I was helping a colleague with photography in his studio today and tomorrow will be there again. We're thinking of meeting a friend afterwards for a film and perhaps also to eat out. December 30th is my birthday! We always get together with friends and I rarely cook. Finally, the vegetarian society has a New Year's Eve party with donated vegan pizza from Lilly's Pizza in Raleigh. We're likely to have pies like last year - artichoke hearts, basil, pine nuts, and tomato slices; eggplant, sundried tomatoes, red bell peppers, and pistachios; the "Buddha" with oil, garlic, spinach, zucchini, and olives; the "Queen of Hearts" with oil, artichoke hearts, mushrooms; and onions, banana peppers, and green olives, mushrooms. Most will have VeganRella vegan "cheese", and some will have no "cheese" at all on half.

Whether I do get to blog again before the new year or not, I wanted to wish all of my readers a most enjoyable, rewarding, and positive 2008. May it be filled with many great vegan goodies!

2 Comments:

At Sun Dec 30, 10:04:00 AM EST, Blogger A woman from India said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At Sun Dec 30, 10:35:00 AM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your kind wishes! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home