Friday, December 14, 2007

Lime Cilantro Linguine with Pesto Sauce

A friend in Seattle sent some fine artisinal Pappardelle’s brand pasta for us, lime cilantro linguine and Spanish saffron trenette (I learned that trenette is the name that Genoans and Ligurians in North Italy use for flat pasta that others call linguine). My wife left for Charlotte (about 2 1/2 - 3 hours away) last night - she had to work there today and is also performing sitar there in town on Sunday morning. So I decided to preview this pasta on my own.

I prepared the lime cilantro linguine - I was tempted to try it before I added any sauce or toppings (I simply put a dollop of pesto on top), and it tasted quite nice. Lime sure does good things to food!

I also grilled a vegan Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage artisanal sausage. I had a little bit of stromboli leftover from Sunday, and heated it up to round out, along with some broccoli, the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home