Sunday, October 29, 2006

Squash Dinner

I made another simple meal, tonight out of winter squashes. I cut acorn and golden nugget squashes in half and removed the seeds. I baked in a 375°F (toaster) oven for about an hour, along with two small Yukon Gold potatoes.

When the potatoes and squashes were almost ready, I quickly sauteed some tempeh and shallots, which I served inside the acorn squash halves. I also served some radishes.

I always enjoy squashes like acorn and butternut. I hadn't had golden nugget before; it was rather bland and, even with some olive oil and salt, wasn't a winner.

2 Comments:

At Mon Oct 30, 08:51:00 PM EST, Blogger bazu said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog, and it's so beautiful- all the food looks very good. I just made stuffed squashes too, and your filling sounds awesome!

 
At Mon Oct 30, 09:16:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, bazu. I love "winter" squash; two years ago when I catered a late December wedding, one of the main courses I designed and prepared was something similar to this stuffed squash, with a little more filling and topped with some vegan cheese. I hope that you will enjoy my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home