Saturday, August 05, 2006

Leftover Kichidi and Corn Bread; Tempeh and Mashed Potatoes

We had some leftovers to finish, so I reheated the kichidi that I had made on Monday and the cornbread that my students had made on Tuesday. I also sauteed some tempeh then dripped a little bit of soy sauce on the strips, and made mashed potatoes. My wife had eaten a little earlier while I was out as she had to go out to practice her musical instrument tonight, so she had the leftover fettuccine with asparagus from Wednesday instead of the potato.

2 Comments:

At Sat Aug 05, 05:42:00 AM EDT, Blogger मन कस्तुरी रे.. said...

Dilip
I wanted to share one thing with you. In Maharashtra, people observe one kind of fast called "Pandhare Budhwar" or "White Wednesdays" ...One is supposed to wear white clothes through out the day, and eat only white things...Like Rice, Curd, Kheer, Banana....Creative foodies like you can very well elongate this list!...
So how about Pink Fridays or Yello Mondays then?

Regards
Ashwini

 
At Sat Aug 05, 01:29:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Neat - I have thought about creating an all-white or all-purple or somesuch meal sometime. Thanks for the information!

Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home