Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burger

It was getting late and I wanted to get a simple, quick, and tasty dinner on the table. Earlier today I had purchased Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers. I haven't had any of Dr. Praeger's products before. I served it on an English muffin with dill pickle slices and champagne dill mustard. We loved the burger! It was moist and fairly unique - I don't remember ever eating a burger with this flavor. It has a great combination of vegetables and oat bran as the primary ingredients*. I also made an heirloom tomato salad with sweet Vidalia onions, rosemary vinegar, homegrown herbs, and seasonings. The plate wasn't my prettiest (I should have served the tomato salad in a small bowl) and the meal wasn't the most elegant or filling (I actually had an additional English muffin with Earth Balance®), but it was tasty, nutritious, and fast!

*Ingredient list: Carrot, Onion, Stringbeans, Soybeans, Zucchini, Oat Bran, Peas, Spinach, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Broccoli, Textured Soy Flour, Corn, Oat Fiber, Red Pepper, Arrowroot, Corn Meal, Corn Starch, Garlic, Salt, Parsley, Black Pepper, All Natural Vegetable Gum

3 Comments:

At Fri Aug 04, 10:32:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those Dr. Praeger's burgers too, though my wife thinks they're too mushy. They really do have a good flavor though - and they don't try to mimic meat like some other veggie burgers do.

 
At Sat Aug 05, 02:23:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Yes, we really enjoyed this burger and were suprised at how moist they were. They threatened to split in half due to their weight, but I'm glad they held together reasonably well. I'd like to try the other vegan Dr. Praeger's burgers after this positive experience.

 
At Wed Sep 20, 01:17:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

It looks like in February there was a recall of some of their burgers because the fat content was incorrectly listed, but the company's website says nothing about this, so, presumably, the labeling has been corrected and the product should be available. Thanks for the comment! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home