Sunday, May 30, 2010

Enchiladas with Black Beans, Corn-off-the-Cob with Lemon

I'm looking forward to seeing my wife and daughter tomorrow. I've never been away from my daughter for more than a day till now!

My wife and I generally share similar tastes in food, except I enjoy Mexican food, and she doesn't. I haven't made enchiladas in years, and tonight made them for myself with corn tortillas and the new Daiya vegan cheese. I put a little bit of olive oil in a cast iron pan and briefly, maybe 7 seconds per side, heated the tortillas so they were softened a little.

I filled each tortilla with a little cheese and onion, along with a little bit of black beans (I rarely use beans in my cooking; they sometimes upset my stomach, but lately I seem to be doing okay with them) and roasted garlic. I rolled each tortilla and put it in a casserole dish. Once all five rolls were prepared, I spooned about half of a 16 ounce can of enchilada sauce over them. I covered the casserole dish and baked in a preheated 375°F oven for about 20 minutes, till the top-most parts of the top layer tortillas were getting a little crispy.

I served it with avocado slices as well as corn-off-the-cob, mixed with Earth Balance margarine, a little bit of salt, and a little lemon juice. It was a good dinner!

2 Comments:

At Sat Jun 05, 04:07:00 PM EDT, Blogger Donna said...

Hi Dilip. I happened upon your blog via a Google search for vegan dinners. I like it (c=

 
At Fri Sep 09, 01:46:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Donna!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home