Sunday, May 09, 2010

Melissa's Gazpacho Soup, Tempeh and Red Bell Pepper, Hummus on Whole Wheat Toast

We had a full day enjoying Mother's Day, including trying the new child trailer we bought yesterday on our tandem (fun!). Neither my wife nor my parents wanted to eat out, so it was around 9:30p and we were just getting home. I decided to use the gazpacho soup that my wife got this week from the local woman who makes delicious soups for sale each week.

I also made a nice tempeh dish by cubing into 1/2" cubes a little over a half 8-ounce package of tempeh. I started sauteeing over medium-high heat and as the tempeh started showing a little browning after 5 minutes or so, I added similarly cubed red bell pepper (using maybe half of a pepper) and thin slices of a small shallot. When the tempeh was nicely browned after another 5 minutes or so, I transferred the vegetables and tempeh to a bowl, mixed in a little low-sodium tamari sauce and dried oregano, and served.

Finally, I spread some hummus over toasted whole wheat bread. Topped with lettuce and fresh tomato, it was also tasty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home