Chickpeas with Kale and Fingerling Potatoes, served with Brown Rice Maifun Noodles (No Added Fat)
- 1 cup dry chickpeas, rinsed and then soaked (ideally, overnight; I soaked for about 5 hours)
- Enough water to just cover chickpeas
- About a cup and a half of fingering potatoes (I used about a dozen Russian fingerlings)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely (1/8") chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale (I used frozen)
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen roasted corn kernels)
- 1/2 cup onion cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1t miso (I used chickpea miso)
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t turmeric
- I rinsed the chickpeas and then put them in my Instant Pot pressure cooker, along with the water, potatoes, garlic, kale, and bouillon cube, and cooked for 30m.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the corn and onion. Since the corn was frozen, I covered the pot (but didn't turn it back on) and let it sit for a few minutes, which nicely warmed things up, before serving. I sampled and liked the dish, but realized that miso would go with it, so added the miso (it would have been great mixed in and cooked), as well as the cumin and turmeric.