Black-Eyed Pea Soup (No Added Fat)
Vimala's Curryblossom Cafe, for a snack, and enjoyed a black-eyed pea soup. I thought that I would put together a version of such a soup for tonight.
- 2c black-eyed peas
- 3/4 cup fennel stalk chopped into 3/8" cubes
- 3/4 cup leek cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 packed cup kale leaves, stems excepted, roughly hand torn into approximately 3/4" squares
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/2 t turmeric
- (optional) 1/4 t amchoor (mango) powder
- 6c water
- 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
- 1 cup onion cut into half moon slices approx. 1/4" x 1 1/4"
- I put all of the ingredients except the salt and onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and pressed the "Soup" button for half hour of pressure cooking.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the salt and onion and served.