Monday, January 18, 2016

Quinoa Polenta with Marinara, Greens, and Roasted Bell Pepper (No Added Fat)

. Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • Bell pepper
  • Ancient Harvest brand quinoa polenta
  • 1 cup chopped spinach (I used frozen)
  • 1 cup chopped kale (I used frozen)
  • 1 cup onion (about 1/3-1/2 of a medium red onion that I used) cut into approx. 3/4"x1/4" pieces
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1/8"; I only had one, but would have liked to have used three)
  • 2t chopped basil (I used frozen)
  • 1/4 t (or to taste) salt
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
  • 1/8 cup water
Process
  1. I fire roasted the green bell pepper till it was uniformly charred, then put in a brown paper bag and closed down the bag.
  2. I put all of the remaining ingredients except the bell pepper into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 3m.
  3. After the cooking was done, I removed the now cooled pepper from the bag, rinsed and massaged it under water to remove the excess charring, cut it in half, removing the stem and seeds, then cut it into strips approx. 1/4" x 1".
  4. I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure from the Instant Pot, then opened it, mixed in the bell pepper, and served..
I also made long-grained brown rice (starting with 2/3 or so of a cup of rice, I cooked with the typical 1 part rice : 2 1/2 parts brown rice, along with a vegan bouillon cube, in my Zojirushi rice cooker for its cycle of about 45-50m).
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home